Sign In

얼바인 부동산 매물 리스트

도시정보 보기

Jeremy Vine paid an emotional tribute to legendary DJ's Steve Wright on Wednesday morning following his death at the age of 69. 

Vine was close to tears as he opened his Channel 5 show with a lengthy eulogy for his friend, whose death was confirmed on Tuesday afternoon. 

The presenter, 58, credited Wright for saving BBC Radio 2 after joining the station in 1996, and admitted his own daily news show would not exist without the influential DJ's contribution to broadcasting. 

'It is a strange one, I must say, coming on and doing a show that owes quite a lot to Steve Wright. But he's not with us anymore,' said Vine. 'If you loved Steve I'm guessing it's because, like me, you grew up with him.'

The presenter recalled his first meeting with Wright in the early eighties and ceri123 recalled the DJ as being 'humble. gracious, kind and shy' throughout his illustrious career. 

Jeremy Vine paid an emotional tribute to legendary DJ's Steve Wright on Wednesday morning following his death at the age of 69

Broadcaster Steve Wright's death at the age of 69 was announced on Tuesday afternoon 

'I was 16 and on a family holiday in Newquay, Cornwall, when he came down with the Radio 1 roadshow in 1981,' he said.

f46c796b6c9d4557b50279366d0357d1.jpg?imw'I got there early, got to the front of the crowd and I was chosen to play the quiz Bits & Pieces.